As for what's in my lunchbox this week? I will be making some chicken fried rice, hardboiled eggs, fruits, and veggies. But, I won't be able to post the fried rice recipe until next week, unfortunately. Justin and I will be having our first walkthrough of our house tomorrow, so we cannot be at school and we thought we'd go grocery shopping tomorrow evening. We move in on the 22nd! Yay!
Since it is Sunday, I wanted to be sure to post, so I thought I would share an easy and healthy macaroni and cheese recipe.
It only takes about 15 minutes to make!
Here's what you will need:
-8 oz. pasta of choice
-8 oz. (2 cups) of sharp cheddar cheese …(I used a blend of cheeses, but I like sharp cheddar the best!)
-1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
-1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
-1/4 teaspoon of cajun seasoning of choice OR onion powder
-salt/pepper to taste
1. Boil the pasta according to package.
2. Drain BUT be sure to save 1/2 cup of the pasta water and put it to the side.
3. Pour pasta back into pot, stir in cheese and 1/4 of the pasta water.
4. When it is melted, mix in the greek yogurt.
5. Add spices, garlic, salt, and pepper.
6. Feel free to add more of the pasta water if it is too thick.
6. Serve right after and enjoy!
*I personally think it tastes even better the next day! :)
(The pictures don't do it any justice.)
I hope you all have a wonderful beginning of the week. I will be in touch on Wednesday! :)
Keep a lookout for a giveaway on Friday, too!
Hope you've enjoyed this post!